Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tangled Yoke: A New Knit Sweater for me!

I am so very very excited to have this sweater finished and to have it fit so well!



The pattern is Tangled Yoke from an old issue of Interweave. I am a bit ashamed of how long this one was a WIP, but I would stall out on certain sections (before the sleeves, after the yoke was joined, before the cable, in the middle of the cable). However, it only took a few hours of work to get her finished up! I am really pleased with the fit - it's a worry when you started the sweater before you had four kids!



I am a bit disappointed by the ladders in the sleeves - I'm chalking it up to not wanting to pull the yarn too tightly on my DPNs, since it has a tendency to break. I'm calling it a design feature now!

I can already tell that this is going to be my go-to sweater. It is just the right amount of warmth for most Texas winter days, the sleeve length is great, and it is comfy buttoned up.

Now I'm off to finish up two more sweaters!

1 comment:

  1. When you wash the sweater, give it a good shake and the sts will all line up nicely. No ladders. It's a lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete