Saturday, January 04, 2014

Reusable Gift Bags

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you might have heard about my remnant problem. I love to stop at the remnant bin at JoAnn's and pick out something I don't need. :) It has become a real problem with Christmas fabric. I always grab it and think "Oh, I can do something with this!", only to get it home and it is too thin, too short, too sparkly, too something for clothes/quilts/napkins/etc.



I had a brainstorm last winter, and didn't get it done in time, but this year I did - and I'm so glad! It really didn't take but an hour or two to make these, they look cute and my kids really liked them. I simply pulled all those funny pieces out, and some leftovers from other Christmas projects, cut them into various sized rectangles and squares (based on how much fabric I had and how I could best use it), and sewed them into bags! I also used a bunch of holiday ribbon I had purchased for 'something' at some point for the ties.



I made gift tags for the kids with cardstock, washi tape and letter stamps (still need to get one for Henry!). I figure if the bags get ruined, I can make new ones, if the ribbon comes out, I can replace it. Feels so nice to get that out of the stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment