Friday, January 03, 2014

Polaroid Pillows

I had seen the polaroid quilt blocks popping up on blogs, flickr and pinterest over the past several months, and I thought they were such a cute idea! I knew I wanted to do something with them, and when I started thinking about Christmas gifts, I thought of how much my kids LOVE pillows. I thought these would make great gifts for both my kids and my niece and nephew.



I started going through my scraps and choosing prints for each kiddo - things I thought they would like.



Then I cut all the white pieces for the frames and sewed those to the fussy cut centers.



I decided how big I wanted the pillows to finish, and then added grey sashing around the frames.



I tilted my ruler as I cut them down to size, so the pictures would appear tilted. Then I sewed them together in rows and made the pillow top. I didn't want to quilt them, so they would still be soft, but I wanted to prevent some fraying, so I sewed a muslin back onto the pillow front before I sewed the envelope closure on the back.



I used a bunch of stash pieces for the backing and just did simple envelope closures. I think they came out pretty cute!

1 comment: