Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easter basket Dolls

I always like to have a handmade item in the kiddo's baskets each year. I thought for a long time about what to do for them this year (in all honesty, I started thinking about it right after Christmas! I am nothing if not a planner). I finally settled on something that 'went together' so that there would not be fighting (Samantha really wants everyone to have the same thing). I've had Hillary Lang's Wee Wonderfuls book since it came out (I LOVE her blog and her darling patterns), but had been intimidated to try to make anything (just like I am whenever I try something new!).

Doll assembly

I finally settled on three dolls that I felt suited each kiddo's personality and what they like in dolls/stuffed animals. I chose Eddie, the Take a-long Doll and the Bunting Baby.

Faces

I used what I had in my stash, so Eddie doesn't have fur hair, but I think he's pretty cute anyway. I really like the way their faces came out - and so simple! That is one area of making any stuffed creature that I worry over the most.  I also changed Eddie's called for knit shirt into cotton fabric with a car print, since Ben is obsessed with trucks and cars.

Dolls in pieces

I did have to get another bag of fiber fill (I used all I had on those dino tails!), but otherwise this was a stash project!

The dolls came together really easily and the directions were very clear - I will be making more of them! Best of all, all three kiddos seemed to really love them - they are already sleeping in their beds and getting drug around everywhere - sure signs of winners!

Finished dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment