Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Sewing gifts

I drew my sister-in-law's name in our annual gift exchange, and she loves to sew, knit and embroider, so I knew I wanted to make her something!

I made her a zip pouch for her knitting, but really wanted to make her something for her embroidery/cross stitch. I remembered that I had pinned (and bought vinyl for!) this tutorial and decided to try it out!

embroidery set

It was so easy! I 'made' my own quilted panel for the middle and used up what bias tape I had in the stash. I also left off the strap/handle. I didn't have the 'right' kind of snaps, but I think these work fine! I think I'm going to try to 'upsize' it and make one a bit larger for me!

I also made her a simple needle book to keep inside her new bag. I sewed two pieces of fabric together with a layer of batting in the middle and top stitched the outside. I cut two rectangles of felt and sewed them in the center - voila!

Finally, I made her a pincushion. I don't have a picture of hers, but I used the same tutorial (but different fabrics) as this one I made for our guild's gift exchange.

pincushion

No comments:

Post a Comment