Monday, August 20, 2012

Hunter's Sweater

Last spring I asked my sister and brother-in-law to choose a sweater for me to knit for my nephew. They chose the Cable Sweater from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby book. It is a lovely, classic, cabled sweater. I used Knitpicks Stroll Sport - I had used some Stroll for another project and really liked it - it was soft, and not too splitty. I think it will hold up well to wear.

Hunter's sweater

Unfortunately, since I hurt my wrist last fall I wasn't able to finish it in time for him to wear it last winter. But it was plenty big, so I saved it for this year. Of course, I ran out of yarn 20 rows before the bind off on the second sleeve. But a sweet Raveler saved the day with some leftovers she had, and the sweater is complete! It is still a bit big, so it should fit though the fall and winter. Such a great color on him too! He was very excited to put it on and willingly modeled for me, a sure way to win more handknit sweaters from his auntie!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this sweater! It must have taken you a while with all the cables! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete