Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've got many irons in the fire this week. I decided at the end of June that I needed a new quilt project to take to my guild's sewing Saturday. But, as usual, I had trouble deciding what to start. So I cut fabric for three quilts. Usually I work on one, maybe two at a time. And I don't like my quilt tops to sit around for very long before they get turned into quilts.

This is an unusual amount of WIPs for me-guess I'll chalk it up to the heat getting to me. :)


I cut lots of tiny squares for a quilt I'm planning from nothing but my sketchbook. I've only done this a few times, and this one I'd like to write up a tutorial/pattern for, so I'm a bit nervous about it.

I basted my granny square quilt-looking forward to some quilting time this weekend!

I also started the crosses quilt from Modern Log Cabin quilting, and the snapshots quilt from A Practical Guide to Patchwork. Hoping to get at least one more quilt top done this week!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of really fun projects -- the granny square quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the granny squares and I can't wait to see the finished project of the quilt you are designing.

    ReplyDelete