Friday, July 06, 2012

Simple Handmade Holiday Gifts

(Apologies for not having this post up yesterday - was felled by a stomach bug - ugh!)

If you're looking for some simple handmade holiday gifts, and you can sew, look no further than panels. Panels are a great way to make something simple, and to give something you've made. I usually purchase panels at both my LQS and JoAnn's. These projects all happened to come from JoAnn's.

Night Before Christmas

Fabric books are a great gift for any age child! They come together easily, the instructions are printed on the panel, and they are inexpensive. I have made several - these are just the holiday specific ones I've made.

Mary Engelbreit book

If you're interested in quilting, but intimidated by the actual quilting process, panels are a great way to get started. I purchased these, added some batting and backing, and quilted simple diagonal lines in both directions. I added some binding, and voila! My mom uses them as wall hangings during the holidays.

Holly quilt

Believe Stocking

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment