Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Last minute teacher gifts

It is midway through teacher appreciation week, but there is still time to make a handmade gift!

I've whipped up a few things, and have another planned.

Coasters

Coasters are a great easy gift. I used Jenny B. Harris' criss cross coaster pattern. I modified it to add batting to give it some absorbency and 'heft.' These were super easy and took almost no time!

Coffee cozy

I also made some coffee cup cozys. There are a million free patterns/tutorials for these out there. I'd love to try some patchwork ones too - these by Jeni B. are especially cute!

If you don't feel up to making your own, I have some listed for sale in my shop, and would be happy to make you a custom order for that special person in your life!

I am making some lanyards for the teachers as well - I plan to use some leftover cute fabric that has pencils and scissors on it. Took me a while to hunt down swivel clips (Joanns was the only store that had them), but I think they will be really cute when they are done!

If you don't have time to make something this week, maybe make something for the end of the year for them? As a teacher, I know that gifts from the heart (and hands!) are the best ones! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment