Monday, December 03, 2007

Is it really December?

I knew that it was December. I'd posted twice. I'd thought about the Christmas countdown. But it wasn't until I wrote the date on the board in my room that I really KNEW it was December. Boy, was that a rude awakening!



Today's WIP is a FO!


Pattern: Diagonal Rib scarf from Misti Alpaca
Yarn: Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande - 1 skein
Needles: Sz 15 Clover circulars
Mods: none, besides larger needle.
Thoughts: relatively quick and easy and oh-so-warm!


What's up for today's project list? Blankets! Snuggle up with your knitting by casting on Log Cabins for mindlessness, Hemlock Ring Blanket for those who want a challenge, and Ripple Afghan for those crocheters out there.
If you really want your blanket to go fast, double up that yarn! Really, I think this is a great gift - keep yourself warm and finish your gift knitting!
I still have grand plans to someday soon finish the girl's log cabin blanket - maybe after Christmas.


Tonight, for your viewing pleasure - The Closer special 2 hour event (what I'll be watching! that and Heroes!), Father of the Bride 2, Bolshio Ballet Nutcracker, The Year with out a Santa Clause, and Silver Bells. Whew! I need more TiVo space!

5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely gift. Everyone loves alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarf! I need more Tivo space too! How can 100 hours not be enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scarf! I have that pattern, but it just shows a close up of the stitch pattern. So nice to see the whole scarf. It looks so cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple and lovely scarf! It looks nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scarf! I can't believe it's December, either - I'd better get over that, or I'm going to end up in a Christmas present panic.

    ReplyDelete