Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Run-by Fruiting*

There has been almost zero knitting progress this week, owing to the enormous amounts of schoolwork I've been doing. However, I did run into Michael's yesterday (for cute Mary Engelbreit Christmas stuff in the dollar section), and happened to bump into the clearance aisle, where they had Lion Wool for $2.00/ball. Um? Deal? Yeah!


I may have purchased enough of the red to make the cute skirt on the cover of Folk Style (sans flowers),

and enough grey for a project TBD.

Unfortunately, having enough knitting time to complete either of these projects (not to mention any of those already on my needles) is not looking so likely these days. I did, however, have enough time to rip the scarf, per y'all's advice, but now I don't know what to do with the yarn. I didn't quite have enough for my socks last time, and I don't really want to buy another skein of yarn for each (especially at $24.00/pop), so I need ideas. If you're interested in swapping for it, let me know (via email, since I can't reply to comments - knitnlit AT gmail DOT com).

*Every time someone uses the title "Drive-by blogging" for a post, I think of this line from Mrs. Doubtfire. One of my favorites.

5 comments:

  1. Here's a link to a wonderful site which tells the yardage you will need for making various triangle shawls:

    http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2007/08/296-triangle-shawl-patterns.html

    Some of them use very little yardage. Branching Out, wrist warmers and hats are other options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the post title!! Great deal on the Lion Wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, must be a Texas-only clearance sale because my Michael's still has Lion wool at regular price. Poop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get more knitting time soon. How frustrating to have that great yarn and not be able to start on it. I think the yarn purchases go up proportionally to how much less time you have to knit...

    I second the wristwarmers suggestion. Maybe if you double the yarn, you'd have the right thickness for a calorimetry for a present?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got randomly egged by a few teenagers in a car the other day, and had to restrain my self from shouting "Run-by Fruiting!" as they were neither running, nor were they lobbing eggs.

    That's my pointless story. Kudos on the yarn score ;).

    ReplyDelete