Sunday, September 16, 2007

How many felted bags can one knitter make?

I've finished another bag, and another Christmas present! Yay!

Pattern: Sophie, from Magknits
Yarn: Paton's Classic Merino in their new stripey colors
Needles: Clover Bamboo 10.5 circulars and DPNs
Mods: none
Dates: um, early summer until the end of July. It's been sitting around since then waiting to be felted.
Thoughts: One of my favorite patterns, and one of the few (besides socks) that I knit over and over again. I do nearly have it memorized, which is good, since I have a few more planned.

The colors are much more vibrant in real life, but it's late and dark, so this is what you get. I'm glad I have another gift for the small pile. Time to crank it into gear - after all, there are only 99 days until Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. I just finished a felted bag also. I can't believe 99 days until Christmas...I must get moving on more bags...
    I also finished the felted wine bag (pattern over at tinainwonderland). I just love it and it makes a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the green matches that new kitchen wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Classic wool had stripes. Cool. 99 days until Christmas! Uh-oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've seen this new Patons yet. I like the shape of the bag very much. Nothing in my Christmas pile yet. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I've knit a lot of felted bags in my day, too - they make such great presents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas? Egads!

    ReplyDelete