Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Where do they come from?

Imagine the scene: You're knitting along peacefully on a (or a few) projects. Out of nowhere, a ball of yarn jumps into your lap! It demands that you knit it - even daring to bring a pattern and a needle with it. What choice do you have?


Three new sweaters were born this weekend. Rusted Root, Picovoli, and the Camisa top from the Fall '06 Knitscene.

What could I do? The yarn was begging to be knit. I had to take pity on it and do something.

8 comments:

  1. Well you can't ignore yarn that leaps into your lap. That would just be rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never hurts to appease the yarn. We all know what happens to projects when the yarn gets pissed off. Best to let it be the boss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, the idea of yarn stalking you is a rather apt illustration, I think. I personally believe I can hear my yarn calling me all the way from the stash in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been working so hard to resist the urge to cast on new things, at least until I finish a minimum of *one* of my WIPs. So I am happy to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I have cast on 3 pair of socks TODAY! so I know exactly how it happens....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, it happens! Yarn has a mind of its own and it's useless to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so going to have to compare notes on the summer knits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yarn is so evil, with its machinations! Of course you had no option but to cast on.

    ReplyDelete