Sunday, April 15, 2007

New


Books - I've already looked through More Sensational Knitted Socks, and it looks great! I finished Casts Off in one evening, and hubbo got hold of it and read some bits out loud to me and LAUGHED! He swore me to secrecy, but y'all had to know that he, a non-knitter, found jokes about knitting funny! We are going to take over the world! I'm excited to read the "Friday Night Knitting Club," but I may not have time until school's out - it's pretty nuts for the next six weeks.



Yarn - Some Regia Cotton Surf in lovely pinks (one of my favorite yarns - so soft and pretty!), and some to-die-for Claudia's Handpainted laceweight 100% silk. It is so much prettier than I can take a picture of. It is a gift from Jen for dog-sitting duties. It is so gorgeous. I never thought I'd be one of those who'd have stash to just look at, but this tempts me. I'm not sure I could do it justice knitted up.

I also may or may not have tripped and fell into a pile of Paton's Classic Wool - the striping variety, at Joann's today (it was on sale). I'm thinking of several projects for it - but they may have to be kept secret for now.

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love a husband who laughs at knitter jokes! I like the Regia colorway. I'll have to see if my LYS carries any Regia cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:14 PM

    Looks like you are enjoying your walks with your dog -- a nice way to take some time for yourself after work. :)

    I am wanting that pretty pink Claudia's yarn in your photo -- definitely a skein to enjoy looking at even if you decide not to knit it up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous laceweight! Are you sure you can resist knitting it, though??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun yarn and books! More Sensational Knitted Socks is on its way to me right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:34 AM

    I can't wait to get all of those books!! :) The yarn is beautiful as well...of course I'm kinda partial to pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have fun with Friday Night Knitting Club. I SHOULDN"T know that to tell you though since I also have had tons of grading to do and a Master's thesis deadline. I always feel like knitting and reading when I'm in such a situation:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, what gorgeous yarn! (You can always send it my way, if you don't know what to do with it lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Regia. So underrated, and one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete