Friday, November 24, 2006

Whip it Good!

Coming in dead last, after several other knitters (who all started after me!), I finally sat down and survived sleeve island (take four) this past weekend. What a relief to have this done!


Pattern: Licorice Whip from Blue Alvarez Designs.
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton - 4 and a smidge of the fifth skein in Espresso, purchased from kpixie.com. (Wonderful speedy service!).
Needles: Sz 10.5 US Clover Bamboos - Circs and DPNs (for the sleeves)
Started: Labor Day Weekend
Finished: Monday November 20
Mods: I couldn't get gauge with the recommended needle (in fact, I couldn't get gauge at all), so I jiggered the maths and knit a bigger size to get a smaller size. I also didn't follow the sleeve decreases as written as they made the sleeve too big, and then too small, so I knit straight until to my forearm, and then did a few decreases and bound off.
Thoughts: Could be a skotch longer in the sleeves, and not as narrow in the wrists. Seems a bit big in the neckline, but not enough to bug me.

It's been all finishing all the time around here, so stay tuned for more FOs to follow over the next few days!

8 comments:

  1. Ever notice how all your store bought sweaters could be a little more this or a little less that and we don't spend all our time worrying about it? Looks great - and I'm sure you'll get tons of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater! I'm still trying to get comfortable with modifying a pattern to fit me better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:25 AM

    Great job! I really like your neckline too. Mine (unfortunately) is too small for me to wear comfortably. I'm still debating whether to fix it or gift it! ::grin::

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! Very comfy. Seems everyone has an issue with the sleeves as written! I wish I hadn't done any decreases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love it! It's super sex-ay. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Congratulations on conquering hte sleeves, Jenn! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks great, jenn! i like it in the cotton. :)

    ReplyDelete