Tuesday, September 12, 2006

R is for Recycling

We recycle A LOT. Lucky for us, our city provides recycling containers and picks up our recycling each week as part of our water/garbage bill. We have the smallest trash can they provide, and usually have no more than two bags of trash (less if we were planning to stay here and had started a compost pile already!), but our (rather large) recycling container is FULL every week.




I am a little sad that there are still things I can't recycle (egg cartons, juice boxes, pizza boxes), but I am grateful that I don't have to lug it around town like my momma does!




P.S. Thank y'all so much for all your wonderful words regarding the shawl! Blocking it was enough to really inspire me to knit more lace, so I've been working away on Leaf Lace. Pictures of her soon!

3 comments:

  1. My girlfriend has started knitting purses which she felts! They are so cute! She got started with a book called One Skein. I ordered it this morning! All your projects really interest me! Hopefully I will post mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 PM

    I recycle as much as I can, too, but I've got to drag it all down to the fire station, where volunteers take it - only on Saturdays from 7 am to 10 am! So, I usually either forget or can't make it during those hourse, and end up with so many bags of cans and bottles in my garage that my car can't fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great R!! We have pickup of just containers, cardboard, and paper. Have to lug the other stuff to drop off sites.

    ReplyDelete