Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Time Travel

Let's take a ride in the Wayback Machine, shall we?

Last spring I agreed to sample knit a pattern for Amy. It became a longer-term project than planned, but it got finished up and mailed off (though the Svale did dye my bamboo needles blue!). I couldn't blog about it until the book came out - and it finally did!


Pattern: Boobalicious Tank Top by Amy M. Swenson, published in Big Girl Knits
Yarn: Dale of Norway Svale - navy blue
Needles: Clover Bamboo sz 7 straights.
Dates: Late April to mid-May 2005
Mods: none!
Thoughts: It's a little big for me! :)








I wish I had a picture of it on the model, as she wears it much better than I do! Go check out this book, it is great! Even if you're not a "big girl" it has tons of useful information about your body and how to knit the most flattering garments for yourself. I didn't have time to sit down and read it all, but the library has it on order and I will be checking it out as soon as possible, and trying to "downsize" some of the patterns for me!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Great job! That is a really cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Hi -
    You are the first person online I could find who actually made this! I'm making it now and I've run into a problem with the strap on the right. I just ripped back to 35 stitch point. It seems like the pattern should mirror the left and it doesn't. Maybe I'm just thick - or a novice knitter - but did you have any problems?
    Lisa
    inkydcat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete