Thursday, January 05, 2006

What to Knit?

Dilemma - Have 4 balls JoAnn's Sensations Dolcetto in Pink. I've been looking for a bulky weight project for it. Here are my top three contenders:
Banff
Sideway Ribs
Lace Leaf Pullover

I'm really leaning toward the Lace Leaf Pullover, but I'm wondering if it will look OK in pink, or if I should exchange it for green. I guess the whole leaf/green thing is what has me thinking about this. Your thoughts? The green would be fairly light. They also have blue, purple, yellow (yuck) and peach.

However, I'm feeling the urge to cast on for this right away, though I have plenty of other projects in the works right now!

I broke down and made my "what to knit" list - and this doesn't include socks and accessories. It would be twice as long then!
I did not note what book/magazine I took them from - and many have the same title. But you get the general idea - the list is long!!!!


What to Knit
Fairly Easy Fair Isle
Ribbing Redefined
Tweedy Aran Cardigan
Lucky Clover Lace Wrap
Keyhole Stripes
Perfect Fit Pullover
Grandma's Cardigan
Diamond Upon Diamond
Aran Tree Skirt
Sugarplum Pullover
Evergreen Shawl
Flower Basket Shawl
Wisconsin Winter Stole
Kimono Shawl
Feather and Fan Shawl
Birds Nest Shawl
Spanish Christening Shawl
Fair Isle Cardigan
Cable Tweed Jacket
Lotus Blossom Shawl
Berkshire Pullover
Perfect Pie Shawl
Hourglass Sweater
Men's Zipped Raglan
Union Square Market Pullover
Frost Flowers and Leaves
Peppermint Twist
Under the Hoodie
Fair Isle Pullover
Bi-Colored Cables
Pear Buck Swing Jacket
Cashmere Duo (sweater only)
Inside Out Top
Short Sleeved Striped Cotton Sweater
Fair Isle Cardigan
Beaded Sweater
Short Row Striped Pullover
Diminishing Cables
V Neck Pullover
3 piece set (sweater only)
Beaded Top
Eyelet Pullover
Cabled Vest
V Neck Pullover (bulky)
Lace Wrap
Hooded Tunic Cardigan
Hooded Pullover
Basic Cardigan
Bad Penny
Picovli
Cozy
Kyoto
Accordion
BPT
Rogue/Eris
Sitcom Chic
Soleil
Bloom
Ella
Ruffle Wrap
Mohair Cables Pullover
Velvet Trimmed Raglan Pullover
Lace up Shawl
Nothin' But a T
Marissa
Joy
Diana
Rachel
Sarah
Kirstin
Marnie
Purple Haze Cardigan

Whew! That should keep me busy for a few years!

And Finally, for Jen and La, here is my fugly avatar:
Yahoo! Avatars

Hope she meets your high standards!

WIP photos tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I think Banff would look great in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she's prepared for anything. Hot, cold, rain, sun, random swimsuit competitions or a rash of patriotism. It's hard to look good when you're trying to cover all those bases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa ho ho - that's a long to-knit list, although I admit I see lots of my favorites listed, so if I actually listed them all,,, well, maybe I'd better not scare myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like the sideways rib, but if you decided to do the leaf pullover I think it'd look great in pink. That's one long list of things to make! I'm sure I can think of as many things, too, though. I think my biggest disappointment as a knitter is that I just don't have enough time for it all ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS, Jenn -- I just saw that you're in Fort Worth. I have relatives in Mansfield, and I visited Yarn Heaven when I was there. Isn't that a fun yarn store? It was the first time I'd touched so many colors of Touch Me.

    ReplyDelete