Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday, yarny Sunday

First, FOs! (Yes, plural! woo hoo!)


Clappy is done. She is lovely. I still have to weave in the ends, but for some stupid reason, I keep avoiding this. Here is the artistic close up shot (all shots courtsey of The Man - he wants you to know).


Also done is the Fancy Scarf. I bound off this morning and had two inches of yarn left. Two inches. Yikes. But it is a great length and I'm really happy with it. The Man calls it my "girly" scarf. But I like it.


Jen and I had a little knitty outing today - yippee! We haven't had one in a few weeks, so this was nice. We met for brunch and knit for a while and went to JoAnn's to look for some reason to spend our 40% off coupons! :) Then we headed out to Bedford, to visit Simpatico. I had a birthday GC to spend, and Jen wanted yarn to make the flower washcloth from Weekend Knitting.

I really hate to make the blog be hatin' but I was not impressed with the service at Simpatico. This was my third visit, and the least impressive. The first was during their summer sale, and everyone was friendly and helpful. Last time they were a bit helpful, this time we couldn't get a simple question answered, and were made to feel "less" as knitters. (At least that's how I felt, I won't speak for Jen.) Can I tell you how much I hate not having a decent yarn store!?


Here's your stash enchancement shot - all is for gifts except for the Opal and Sockatta which will both be used for socks for ME! New projects en route!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, all your FO's look gorgeous! I am especially impressed with the Clapotis because I have seen other friends knit them and realize how much patience and dedication it takes to complete something so large with such a fine gague. And yes, I'm jealous of your stash enhancement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame that you didn't make it to The Knitting Nook in NRH. The directions did make it to you, right??

    ReplyDelete