Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Hallowig!


There it is - the super secret project! I don't know why I kept it a secret - I guess just to be silly. And on another note, I swear there is something about that grey sweater that makes my boobs look huge. They are actually quite small. Hmmm, maybe I should wear it more often!

Details:
Pattern: Hallowig from Knitty
Yarn: Caron Perfect Match (what the hell is this supposed to match? It hurt my eyes so much I almost couldn't knit with it by the end!)
Needles: Susan Bates Sz 8 DPNs and circ.
Started: Mid-October
Finished: Sunday October 23

Notes: I am an idiot and I completed all of the decrease rounds before I realized I had decreased on the sides instead of the front and back. Luckily, acrylic yarn rips back easily and the loops keep their shape for reinserting the needle and starting again. This was a really quick knit, and I find that acrylic yarn doesn't bother me too much if I use metal needles.
Mods: None, though I would make it with a smaller needle size next time to make it fit more tightly. Could actually be a cute silly hat.
Makes me want to knit a silly hat - maybe the kitty hat from SnB.

Halloween is a low-key affair around here. The Girl is dragged around by her mother who reluctantly gives her back to us with only moments to take her to her grandparent's houses for a quick hello and photo-op. We set a record this year - we had one more group of trick-or-treaters than last year - 4!

In other riveting news, today marks the 2 year anniversary of us buying this house! In honor of this occasion, we got the tax appraisal in the mail. Five years ago our house appraised for $68,000. Today it appraised for $110,000. Just a bit of a change. I can only hope for it to go up that much again in these five years.

Go say hi to Jen! She has a blog! Welcome to the land of the crazies!

Oh, and if you're looking for some cheap chick-lit, I'm cleaning out the shelves of stuff I don't think I'll ever get to....

1 comment:

  1. Love your Hallowig! Maybe next year I'll finally get around to making one...

    ReplyDelete