Monday, September 12, 2005

Cupcakes anyone?


cupcake hat
Originally uploaded by jenn_tx.
Here it is, the finished cupcake hat.
Details:
Pattern: Cupcake Hat from Chile Con Yarne.
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style in Strawberry, Petal and Crocus.
Needles: Clover Bamboo Sz 7 DPN's
Started: Wednesday September 7.
Finished: Friday September 9 (except for pom pom - added Sunday).

Knitty Gritty: Great pattern - very cute, super easy. The only trouble I had was with the "nubbles." I've never done any kind of bobble, so this was challenging, mostly because I didn't quite understand the pattern, but I figured it out. You knit into the stitch, pull your yarn out and put it back on the left needle (like you're casting on). Then put your right needle into that stitch you just made and repeat until you have five total stitches (including your original). Then BO 4 stitches so that the first original stitch is on the right needle.
I was confused here, I thought you had to BO all four stitches at once, but nope - one at a time. They do have a tendency to "hide" when you knit the next row (they move to the back), but you can pull them forward.

You can see a modeled shot here. Cute, yes?

Wendy posted today about multiple projects. I have to have multiple projects, or I think I would go crazy. I don't know how some people only have one or two projects going at the same time. I think I'd get so sick of them that I wouldn't want to knit. This way I have choice for my knitting ADD. I also read more than one book at the same time - I'm guessing the two are realated.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought a hat could make me hungry, but you've done it!

    ReplyDelete