Sunday, August 28, 2005

Last Picture Show

No, not the end of photos. A detour on our trip. For years, we have been driving through Wichita Falls, TX on our way to CO (or on our way to the bike ride) and every time, we pass the turn off for Archer City. Home of novelist Larry McMurtry, and his four building bookstore, I've always wanted to go. This time, we made it.

Archer City is also where The Last Picture Show was shot. The theater is still standing.



We stayed with Jen's dad in Olney, TX. Olney is the home of the "One Arm Dove Hunt." Seriously. And they take it seriously, as you can see.



Is it just me, or does the guy on the left look like his arm is tucked into his shirt?

~~~~~~~~~~

A shout out to Wendy for answering my question. Thanks!

Knitting content to return tomorrow. BTW, I tried to start "Ruffles" from Scarf Style, and I'm not sure I'm understanding the "wrap and turn" part. Any helpful hints?

No comments:

Post a Comment