Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday FO


light and lacy shawl
Originally uploaded by jenn_tx.
The "Light and Lacy" Shawl has been finished and blocked.

Details:
Pattern - From the Knit Knack Kit - Light and Lacy Shawl.
Yarn: Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid Mohair in Purple (I lost the ball band....sorry)
Needles: Susan Bates US 8's Circulars
Started: June 18
Finished: August 25 (with LOTS of time not working on it.
Comments: Really small. I did end up with a bit of yarn left over, but I had no idea how far I could make it until I ran out, so at one point I just did the last bit of the pattern and cast off. It did get bigger with blocking, but is WAY too small for an adult. And I don't like purple. So, 1 x-mas gift done, only 5, 678 left! (BTW, it will be for DD)

This was my first "real" blocked object. I did block my blanket square, but it was real little. I did it on the bed, a la the Harlot. The puppy decided that the tomato pincushion was a dog toy.....hmmm. I hope he didn't eat any pins while I was out drinking last night!

Must go pack for Wichita Falls......pack the knitting of course, who cares what I wear all weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment