Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Slump

So working on DH's sock - boring. Plain stockinette. Need another project. But one that I can drag back and forth to work. Cannot afford yarn for other shrug ($15/ball), looked for a long time last night for what would seem to be a good substitute online (since I have no LYS), and hate that I can't feel the yarn through the computer! When will w have that capability? Huh?

Want to make the two-tie cardigan from Summer IK (speaking of IK, the freakin' fall preview is up already? It's MAY! Slow down!)

BTW, did anyone else notice that in the time it took me to complete a teeny tiny shrug, someone knit an entire intricately cabled sweater? Yeah, I feel really good about my abilities as a knitter now!

Thinking about sockapalooza 2 - since I can "enter" as a "beginner." Makes me feel a bit better about myself. I have until September, I can knit some socks in that amount of time! Plus, it would be fun to get socks I didn't have to make that came in the mail! Yea for mail!

Off to contemplate/cull the knitting books.

No comments:

Post a Comment